Thursday, August 2, 2018

Distractions

Sometimes one needs a distraction from what ails them.  Pain that, while not turning one into a human pretzel of misery, is annoying, inconvenient, and not conducive to a lot of physical activity.
I decided to distract myself with a painting of lilies to cover a not-so-attactive modem in the hallway.

I drew the lilies in with blue chalk

 
Outlined the flowers with watered down paint.





Filled in with layer after layer of colour.  This is the point at which I am sure its going to be a rank disaster and I will hate it.




Better





A lot of sweat and second guessing colours.


There ii is, hanging over the shelf that contains the modem extender.  It's no Georgia O'Keefe and there are things I would change if I had the ability but by and large I am pleased with the outcome.
 


2 comments: