Monday, July 23, 2018

Red Chairs

My old red chairs from Canadian Tire in Stony Plain are faded and worn.  I loved them because they were red and beautiful but also because I drove a friend in to have some procedure done in the hospital there and found them while I waited to drive her home.  We squeezed them into the back seat of her tiny white car and came home.  That was the day I had a diet lunch.  Milkshake.  Instead of burger fries and milkshake.  Life was good. Memories are good.
But they faded out to an insipid shade of pink.  Pink is not always my favorite colour.  So my Favorite Gardener and I went on a search of new chairs.  Identical ones to the old were not nearly as strong as the old ones had been.  They don't get sun and are stacked away in winter but things get old just the same. We found some wooden ones in Canadian Tire that needed assembling but they were sawdust wood sprayed over with paint.  So when we found these resin ones at Costco we were willing to overlook the price in favor of the quality.  They were a tad tricky for two old people with bad eyes to assemble but we did it.  And they are so heavy the winds we have had so far have not moved them in the least.

1 comment:

  1. The red looks beautiful and so does your yard; hopefully these chairs last!

    ReplyDelete