Monday, August 3, 2015

Banana Bread Like No Other




White Chocolate Pecan Banana Bread



Peel 2 or 3 very ripe bananas into a fairly large bowl and mash them.


Add one egg and beat in with a wooden spoon. 

Add 1/3 cup melted butter. I use margarine. Butter makes it better but I don't really think this one needs better than this.

Beat in 1 cup of sugar. Or a bit less.

 Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

And 1 teaspoon baking soda.

Beat well and then stir in 1 1/2 cups flour.

When all the flour disappears add a 
half to one cup chopped pecans and 
one cup white chocolate chips. 

Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spoon in the batter.

One hour at 350°F (175°C).

After an hour start checking to see if the center is cooked. It may take a bit longer. 

Cool the cake for a bit and run a butter knife all around the edges. Then use the paper to help lift it out of the pan. 

Fantastico.

I don't like to heat the oven for an hour for one cake so I usually double it x two or three. This loaf freezes well.

I will post a picture when the loaves come out of the oven.
Now I am looking for loaf cake paper liners like cupcake papers only bread pan sized. Anyone know where in Canada one could purchase these? Parchment paper works well but it's not so pretty.

Here you go. About 65 minutes of baking.



1 comment:

  1. Olive picked up a package of the parchment paper loaf liners for me the other day, but I think she got them from a liquidation store, or maybe the Giant Tiger store?

    ReplyDelete