Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Roast Beef on the Deck

You know that slow cooker you haven't used for five months now? It is a great device for keeping the house cool in summer.

This morning around 11:30 I took a frozen roast from the freezer, peeled off the wrapping, and put it into the slow cooker with what you see pictured above: onion chunks, several garlic, salt, pepper, and a smallish glass of water.

Here it is on the deck, set on high, and it worked beautifully, cooking away, making my yard smell wonderful, and NOT making the house too hot.

At around 5:30 I went out to test it. Fork tender and delicious, with a lot of liquid for making gravy.  And my house is cool.  I am pleased with myself.  I wonder what else I could cook out there...
The nice thing about the slow cooker is that if I hadn't wandered over until 6:30 or 7:00 it would have still been good because it cooks so slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment