Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Easy Chicken

One bags of thighs with skins on. I tossed then in the sink and rinsed the frost off.  Then I rinsed the bag out and put in maybe a half cup olive oil. A tablespoon or so of pepper, the same of garlic powder and a teaspoon salt.  Then I laid the bag on the counter, smushed it all together and put the chicken pieces back in. Sealed the bag and turned it over and over and around until it was all mixed up.

Poured the pieces onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper. 
Into the convection oven at around 400 degrees.  The bag said cook from frozen at 400 for 20 minutes. Not a chance they would be done in 20. They were in the oven a total of two hours. After about an hour and a half I drained the liquid off, turned all the pieces over and kept it cooking. In 15 minutes I put the broiler on high. The rack was half down in the oven, not near the top.  I broiled until sizzling and then flipped it again and broiled the first side.


Served 4 with a salad.  I could have gotten more mileage from the meat by adding mashed potatoes.  Probably would have served 6. But it was simple and delicious.

I got the idea from my daughter who inquired what the recipe was in a restaurant and they said it was basically salt and pepper.  I think the trick is to cook it to crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment